© Paul Aniszewski/shutterstock.com
Process solutions for quality thin-cutting, timber repair and cosmetics
WINTERSTEIGER is known for advanced thin-cutting technology that is used worldwide in the production of lamellas. The thin kerf, highest accuracy, a surface to glue and processing the lamellas without additional steps are key benefits for users. WINTERSTEIGER thin-cutting solutions for wood are used in the production of lamellas starting with 1.5 mm thickness. Among the customers are manufacturers of engineered flooring, doors and windows, multi-layer boards, pencils, musical instruments, etc.
The product line includes thin-cutting frame saws and thin-cutting band saws including upstream and downstream processing, blade sharpening machines, carbide and Stellite® saw blades, and technologies for gluing and pressing.
"Timber Repair and Cosmetics" was added to the WINTERSTEIGER product range following the majority takeover of VAP Gruber Automations GmbH in November 2012.
What exactly is high-quality thin-cutting?
- Cutting kerfs for band saws from 1.1 mm and frame saws from 0.7 mm
- High precision: +/- 0.15 mm
- Cutting surface ready for further processing
TRC Timber Repair & Cosmetics
Your benefits summed up:
- Reduction in labor costs
- Craft skills are no more necessary
- Significant reduction of rejects due to perfect filling
- Multicolour repair on the same board if necessary
- Proper repair of defects on the edges
- Harmless filler for people and the environment
- The special injection process guarantees a perfect hold of the filling material in every area of the detected defect
- Large defects are repaired in only one process
- The elements can be stacked immediately after filler injection has taken place