FSW Friction stir welding machine for profiles (Fricition Stir Welding)
We develop and manufacture FSW systems specially designed to the customer's requirements.
The products range from simple linear systems to CNC-controlled multi-axis portals for complex component geometry.
Friction stir welding is an innovative joining process for light metals. This process means that, due to the high FSW seam strength, considerable weight savings can be made in lightweight construction. Another big benefit of this process is the low input of heat into the product to be joined.
VAP-WINTERSTEIGER's experienced sales staff can help tailor an individual solution to fit your needs!
- Temperatures below the melting point
- Low thermal distortion
- High static and dynamic seam strength
- Non-porous, impermeable bond
- Bonding different materials
- No welding splashes
- No smoke emission
- High availability and low energy consumption
- No additional materials (welding wire, gas)
- Simple seam preparation