With the development of the Scout, WINTERSTEIGER has finally decoupled size and performance. Thanks to the machine's compact design, even in small workshops there is enough room to switch from manual ski servicing to automated, state-of-the art technology right away.
One operator using the Scout can achieve almost double the throughput of one operator using two manual machines. In other words, the intelligent design of the Scout means that entry into automation is no longer a question of space, but rather of financial forethought.
Your benefits summed up:
- Smallest base dimensions
- Can be placed directly on the wall
Performance and efficiency
- 50 percent fewer personnel hours required compared with manual machines
- Time-saving thanks to significantly higher throughput compared with manual machines
- Highly-innovative feeding technology without suction cups
- Tried-and-tested Ceramic Disc Finish for precise tuning of side and base edges
Impeccable ski servicing
- Consistent grinding quality and repeatability regardless of operating personnel
- Multiple storage settings for reproducible tuning programs
Safe and easy to use
- Servicing process in a closed system
- Simple operation and intuitive touch screen interface
Intelligent design, safe and easy to use.
Those who take safety seriously should do so on an economic, ergonomic and permissible level.* The Scout allows you to do just that, with automated processes and extremely straightforward operation compared with manual tuning. The intelligent machine design and safe, comfortable operation are what make this possible.
* In accordance with CE conformity and the EU Machinery Directive
Work made fun.
The Scout's closed system guarantees the well-being of your employees due to the following advantages:
- Low noise level and clean working environment
- Maximum safety for the operator
- Working with bridges is finally a thing of the past
No bridges, no suction cups, no pre-sorting.
The Scout detects the length of the skis automatically and uses the clamping cylinders to achieve the best possible grinding result. Time-consuming pre-sorting work is no longer necessary. Two loading alternatives are available for the Scout: manual, individual loading (standard) or paired loading (optional)
The clear user interface facilitates quick and straightforward setting of all desired parameters. Whether you are an apprentice or an expert, the user interface is tailored perfectly to the operator's level.
Intelligent, compact design.
The Scout impresses with the smallest base dimensions of all automated devices in its class, and at a length smaller than that of other comparable machines on the market. All systems of the Scout are accessible from the front, meaning that the device can be placed directly on the wall.
Less space required.
The device can be placed directly on the wall, as all functionalities in the "Cockpit" of the Scout can be accessed and operated from the front and side. The same applies when accessing daily care and maintenance functions.
Consistent grinding quality across the entire length of the ski and accurate structures up to the tip. With a stone width of 200 mm, all types of ski can be processed. The tried and- tested hover function allows stone to be positioned precisely for optimum finish right up to the tip of the ski.
- Tuning right up to the tip
- A wide variety of structures with maximum precision
- Optional performance package with oscillating grinding stone and structure package
The Scout's Ceramic Disc Finish for tuning sides and base edges employs exactly the same technology used by ski manufacturers and racing teams. The self-sharpening discs guarantee an extremely precise edge geometry, a precise grinding angle, smooth edge surfaces and consistent grinding quality over the entire length of the ski.
- Reduced material removal and optimizes the service life of the skis
- Precise tuning for exact grinding angles and a smooth edge surface
- Sharpest edges with Ceramic Disc Finish
- Adjustable side and base angles
Options for individual requirements.
You can customise your Scout with the following available options.
The oscillating grinding stone in the performance package provides for a longer service life. The extended change and dressing intervals achieved, as well as faster feed speed, increase throughput and save money.
The structure package offers you a wide variety of structures for all your requirements – center related, twin and variable structures.
Easy and practical: The support roller and drip tray ensure a clean working environment. Once work is complete the ski is cleaned with compressed air using the air gun.
Flexible clamping cylinders.
The flexible clamping cylinders add the finishing touch to the high quality structures due to optimised pressure distribution.
Efficient belt filters.
Belt filters ensure constant and even cleaning of the grinding water. The grinding residues are deposited in the waste receptacle for easy disposal. The advantages: no downtime, grinding water can be used for longer periods, and it offers user-friendly and ergonomic working environment.
Grinding fluid cooling.
Grinding fluid cooling ensures even temperature control of the grinding water and thus consistent grinding conditions.
Performance, efficiency and impressive technology for unbeatable ski servicing.
With the Scout, you can rely on the world-renowned expertise of an Austrian special machine manufacturer with more than 20 years of experience in automation and over a thousand machines sold worldwide.
By investing in a Scout, you will see a noticeable improvement in your servicing processes:
- Around 50 % reduction in personnel hours compared with manual machines
- Higher throughput thanks to automated servicing process and significant reduction in manual handling
- Consistent grinding quality and reproducibility, regardless of operating personnel
- Multiple storage settings of tuning programs.
From Alpine skiing to cross-country skiing, with our equipment you'll be ready for anything.
The Scout features a special mode that supports the servicing of cross country skis with push-off zone (e.g. scaled ski).
|Sports equipment dimensions:|
|Min. – max. ski length||90 – 215 cm|
|Min. – max. ski width||45 – 170 mm
155 – 170 mm (stone processing only)
|Min. – max. CC ski length||90 – 215 cm|
|Min. – max. CC ski width||35 – 70 mm|
We are here for you!
WINTERSTEIGER's experienced sales staff can help tailor an individual solution to fit your needs!