Providing a helping hand: The WINTERSTEIGER Social Fund
The WINTERSTEIGER Social Fund was founded in 2016 to assist employees quickly and unbureaucratically in times of need. After a generous initial contribution from the company itself, ongoing funds are raised through internal sales or auctions of scrap wood, company property that is no longer needed, donations, and more.
The proceeds amounting to several thousand euros every year are used to provide urgent financial support to colleagues in desperate situations.
Examples of assistance provided by the social fund:
- Medical costs, treatment aids
- Hearing aids, glasses, contact lenses, varifocals
- Physiotherapy following a slipped disc or similar
- Mental health support
- Massage costs, treatment to maintain mobility
- Therapeutic pedagogy, e.g., riding (such as with a disabled family member)
- Care costs for immediate family members
- Travel costs for special therapies
Many employees have already been helped since the social fund was established in 2016 and requesting assistance could not be easier. A simple application, which is then checked and approved by the fund's managing committee, is all that's needed.