The next stage: Ried
Just five years after the company was founded, the premises in Obernberg were already too small for the growing enterprise. In 1958, Fritz Walter and Hans Wintersteiger seized the opportunity and took over a metalwork shop in Froschauergasse in Ried on a lifetime annuity.
Yet these new premises also soon became tight for the ever-larger machines: in good weather, the combines were assembled outside on the street. Vacant buildings next door were soon also being used for company purposes.